TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION: JAGUAR F-TYPE DRIVING CHALLENGE
1. This promotional competition (“Competition”) is organised by Jaguar Land Rover South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 16 (sixteen) years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document subject to the further requirement that teams must consist of two participants, one of whom must hold a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 (five) years uninterrupted and be over of the age of 23. The winner of the prize will also need to have a valid South African passport in order to make use of the prize. The Promotor may require proof of a valid driver’s license before the person may participate in the driver’s challenge. No employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by, the Promoter, and/or immediate family members of any such employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person who indirectly or directly is in control or controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”) may participate in the Competition or receive a prize.
3. By entering the Competition, all Participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice, at any time and for any reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
4. The Competition will take place from 1 to 15 October 2020 (“Competition Dates”). To win the prize a Driving Challenge shall be held on the respective Competition Dates from 8:00 to 16:00 at I Capricorn Drive, Sandton, Johannesburg.
5. To enter the Competition any member of the public must make a booking on the Promotor’s website at https://lrejohannesburg.checkfront.com/reserve/#D20200901 to take part in the driver’s challenge on the participating Competition Date.
6. Any person who has booked online will receive a confirmation e-mail that his booking has been accepted and that he has automatically been entered into the Competition. Bookings may be made from 1 October 2020 and the closing date for bookings shall be 15 October 2020.
7. Participants who make a booking for the driving experience will be obliged to pay a fee for the Experience in an amount of R650.00 and will then be entered into the Competition. It is noted that this fee is a reduced fee from that normally charged by the Promotor for similar experiences. Entry into the Competition is free of charge for the Participants who have made the booking.
8. A winner will be selected and announced to all the Participants on the final Competition Date and will also be published on the Promotor’s website. All Participants will participate in the Challenges and will be scored according to the Scoring Rules which shall be communicated verbally to the Participants on the Competition Date and a copy of which shall be made available to any Participant after the closing date.. The team with the highest score will win the Competition and be awarded the prize.
9. There is a total of 1 (one) prize item to be won. The Prize item (“Prize”) consists of:
9.1. Full Jaguar Performance day for the winner and 5 friends
9.2. First half of the morning will be hosted at Jaguar Experience Johannesburg, 1 Capricorn Drive, Lonehill, Sandton
9.3. Second part of day will be hosted at Red Star Raceway
10. Each Prize Includes and is subject to the following terms:
o Full Jaguar Performance day for the winner and 5 friends
o First half of the morning will be hosted at Jaguar Experience Johannesburg, 1 Capricorn Drive, Lonehill, Sandton
o Jaguar vehicles for use as part of the Performance day
o Fuel for Jaguar vehicles o All Food & Beverages during the experience
11. Each Prize excludes:
• Transport to and from the Experience Centre or Raceway
• Any food or beverages not included in final itinerary
12. The Participants (Team) who has scored the most points in the Challenges and have been confirmed the Winner after the verification process, will be notified by way of announcement on the final Competition Date and will be declared the winner (“the Winner”). The verification process shall include ensuring that all points have been correctly awarded and calculated and shall be conducted by the Promotor under the supervision of an independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney or advocate who will certify and verify the results. The Promoter will thereafter make suitable arrangements with the Winner for receipt of the Prize within no more than
14 (fourteen) days from the final Competition Date. The Winner will also be announced on the Promotor’s website.
13. Should the winner be unable to use the Prize on the date provided and determined by the Promoter, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. In such event, the Prize will revert back to the Promoter and the Promoter may award the prize to the team with who scored the most points after the Winner.
14. The Promoter will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of his/her acceptance and/or use of the Prize, whether foreseen or not.
15. The Promoter may arrange a prize-giving ceremony at the dealership nearest to the Winner. The Winner agrees to attend such prize-giving ceremony and make himself/herself available for a photo opportunity and further agrees that such photos of the ceremony may be used by the Promoter for publicity purposes.
16. Winners shall not, while participating in the Competition or using the Prize or while at any Jaguar Land Rover event, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the event, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any such items.
17. If the Participants (team) with the most points are not present at the time when the winner is announced on the Competition Date and the Promoter is unable to reach that person(s) within 14 (fourteen) days after the Competition Date, such person(s) will be disqualified and the next eligible Participant may be selected in accordance with rule 13 above.
18. The Prize is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes, management fees or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the Winner and/or their selected partner.
19. In addition to any other verification requirements set out in these Rules, the Promoter may require the Winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification, as well as supply a copy of his/her valid ID within 24 hours of being confirmed a winner, to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should the Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and the Prize shall revert back to the Promoter and shall be awarded to the next eligible Participant in accordance with Rule 13.
20. The Promoter may require the Winner to be identified and photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting the Prize and/or after having received the Prize. The Winner will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material insofar as it relates to the Competition.
21. Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or are from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
22. All Participants and the Winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition, including as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
23. All Participants shall be given an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out for future promotional material from the Promoter. Opting-in is not a requisite to participate in the Competition.
24. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any changes, substitution, withdrawal, cancellation or postponement of any part of the itinerary beyond its reasonable control. The Promoters are not obliged to award any other prizes in lieu if any such event is cancelled, postponed, substituted, withdrawn, changed or unavailable.
25. All queries in connection with this Competition should be directed to Jaguar Land Rover on 0860 110 090. 26. A copy of the Competition Rules is available at no cost to the Participants and can be downloaded in printable form from www. jaguar.co.za.