1. This promotional competition (“Competition”) is organised by Jaguar Land Rover South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 23 (twenty three) years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document as well as a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 (five) years uninterrupted. The Promotor may require proof of a valid driver’s license before the person may participate in the driver’s challenge. No employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person who directly or indirectly controls, or is controlled by, the Promoter, and/or immediate family members of any such employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person who indirectly or directly is in control or controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies (“Disqualified Persons”) may participate in the Competition or receive a prize.
3. By entering the Competition, all Participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the decision. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice, at any time and for any reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
4. The Competition will take place from 9 September 2021 to 15 September 2021 (“Competition Dates”). Participants must participate in the quiz which will run over seven consecutive days, with one question published per day, beginning on World EV Day on 9 September. To qualify for the prizes, respondents will need to answer all seven questions correctly within 24 hours of the posting of each daily question.
5. If there are more than 10 successful entries, elimination rounds will be hosted at Jaguar Experience in Lonehill, 1 Capricorn Drive, Sandton, Johannesburg. These elimination rounds, arranged at the convenience of competitors throughout the month of October, will include an exciting driving competition on one of the Experience facility’s hi-tech racing simulators.
6. There is a total of 10 (ten) prize items to be won. The Prize item (“Prize”) consists of a half-day driving courses in the Jaguar I-PACE for the ten winners and one partner each. Lunch will be included courtesy of the on-site TLC on the Track restaurant.
The competition is open to anyone in South Africa, but travel to Johannesburg to participate in the elimination rounds, or to redeem the grand prizes is not included.
7. Winners will have until 23 December 2021 to redeem their prize, and the Jaguar Experience team will assist to make booking arrangements at the winners’ convenience. Should the winner be unable to use the Prize on the date provided and determined by the Promoter, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. In such event, the Prize will revert back to the Promoter and the Promoter may award the prize to one of the participants who were in the disqualification round.
8. The Promoter will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of his/her acceptance and/or use of the Prize, whether foreseen or not.
9. Winners shall not, while participating in the Competition or using the Prize or while at any Jaguar Land Rover event, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the event, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any such items.
10. The Prize is neither transferable nor redeemable for cash and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes, management fees or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the Winner and/or their selected partner.
11. In addition to any other verification requirements set out in these Rules, the Promoter may require the Winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification, as well as supply a copy of his/her valid ID within 24 hours of being confirmed a winner, to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should the Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and the Prize shall revert back to the Promoter and shall be awarded to the next eligible Participant in accordance with Rule 7.
12. The Promoter may require the Winner to be identified and photographed and the photographs published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting the Prize and/or after having received the Prize. The Winner will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoters’ marketing material insofar as it relates to the Competition.
13. Entries that are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or are from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
14. All Participants and the Winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition, including as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes.
15. All Participants shall be given an opportunity to opt-in or opt-out for future promotional material from the Promoter. Opting-in is not a requisite to participate in the Competition.
16. The Promoters shall not be responsible for any changes, substitution, withdrawal, cancellation or postponement of any part of the itinerary beyond its reasonable control. The Promoters are not obliged to award any other prizes in lieu if any such event is cancelled, postponed, substituted, withdrawn, changed or unavailable.