JAGUAR SOFTWARE UPDATES
A quick, convenient way to ensure your vehicle remains up to date without the need to visit a Retailer. Software Updates are now available over Wi-Fi, or by using your vehicle’s SIM card.
After activating this feature, a notification will appear on your vehicle’s Touchscreen when an update is available. This can be downloaded and installed there and then, or you can choose to postpone the update to a more convenient time.
The first software update will cover optimisations to your Jaguar’s InControl Touch Pro system to improve performance and functionality. Further releases will also include updates to your Jaguar’s connectivity system.
To benefit from the wireless software update feature, please ensure that you either have a SIM card inserted in your vehicle or that it has a WiFi connection. Software updates must then be turned on in your vehicle to maximise your driving experience.
Press the 'Settings' icon on your touchscreen and enter 'All Settings'. Continue to the 'Connectivity' menu and turn your mobile data to 'On', OR activate your vehicle's WiFi.
The 'Software update' menu gives you the option to turn software updates on or off. To activate, simply press the switch button to turn software updates to 'On.
A Terms & Conditions pop-up will appear. Please press 'Agree' to activate software updates.
You'll receive a pop-up on your touchscreen when an update becomes available for download and installation. You can either press 'Install now', 'Remind me later' or 'Skip update'. If you skip the update, you can still access it again by going to 'Settings' > 'All settings' > 'Software update'.
Please press 'Agree' to accept the Terms & Conditions, the update will then begin. You can use your vehicle as normal for the update to the InControl Touch Pro system.
Once the update is complete, you´ll receive a successful installation notification on your touchscreen. Your vehicle has now been updated to the new software version.
SOFTWARE UPDATES FAQS
SOFTWARE UPDATES OVERVIEWSOFTWARE UPDATES OVERVIEW
HOW SOFTWARE UPDATES WORKHOW SOFTWARE UPDATES WORK
- How do I know if an update is available?
- What do I need to do before installing an update?
- How do I perform an Infotainment update?
- How to update the Telematics or Battery Energy Control Module?
- I have accepted the download, can I still use my car?
- How long does the Software Update installation take?
- How do I know when the Software Update is complete?
- Do I need to have a signal for the installation to take place?
- Can I stop the installation once it has started?
PROBLEM RESOLUTIONPROBLEM RESOLUTION
- The download has failed, what do I do?
- The installation has failed, what should I do?
- I skipped the update but I now want to install it. What do I do?
- Can I update the software while out of the country?
- Can I stop other people from updating my software?
- Do I need an InControl account for Software Updates?
- Why haven’t I seen a notification for the infotainment update?